I’ve been designing and marketing for over 14 years in both B2B an B2C environments. Having worked in different industries of different sizes, I have been lucky enough to work gain experience in all aspects of design and marketing, which means I am able to offer the full package – from traditional print and digital marketing to organising international trade shows.
Manchester Metropolitan University – BA Hons Design and Art Direction
Blackburn College -Foundation Studies in Art & Design, A Levels – Art (A), Environmental Science, Biology, Geography
Southlands High School, Chorley – 11 GCSE’s, all A – C grade including English, Maths and Art & Design
July 2015 – Present – Oakhill Veterinary Centre – Marketing Manager
The Oakhill Veterinary Centre practice, comprises of 4 sites made up of small animal surgeries, farm vet division and an extensive equine clinic and referral centre. The organisation is also the official vets for Blackpool Zoo (amongst other well known organisations).
Feb 2006 – Present – AD Holdings Ltd. – Senior Graphic Designer
AD Holdings is a group of companies with various disciplines from technology to private jets. Their principle company, Dedicated Micros is the worlds leading CCTV equipment manufacturer. AD Holdings is also involved with global motorsport events, such as Le Mans Series /24 Hours and Speed Euro Series.
- Responsible for design, artwork and organisation of all online / offline communications
- Development and management of company brands – ensuring brand consistency
- Management of all company websites, creation, activity and development
- Project Management of new website builds
- Implementation and customisation of WordPress for new websites
- Looking at User Experience and visitor behaviours to plan new websites
- SEO research and implementation
- Updating older websites through Content Management Systems
- Updates using HTML, CSS and basic PHP where needed
- Using Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Keyword planner
- Administration of all hosting and domains packages.
- Set up of company Social Media accounts and input into their activity
- Booking and designing / artworking press advertisements
- Design, artwork and organisation of all company literature
- Organisation of trade shows / international events and supporting materials
- Implementation and design of eMarketing Campaigns, with a Sage CRM system
- Creation of web banners for third party websites
- Basic video production
- Work with PR Managers to create suitable imagery for PR pieces
- Work to tight deadlines and prioritise a heavy work load and work flow
- Line Management responsibility
Oct 2005 – Feb 2006 – LMN Creative – Graphic Designer / Account Manager
The majority of my work for LMN Creative was concerned with designing and artworking of local press advertisements and direct mail pieces for local Manchester businesses.
April 2002 – Oct 2005 – RRG Group – Marketing Co-ordinator
At RRG Group I was lucky enough to be involved with both design and marketing. Not only was I responsible for the designing of marketing materials such as press adverts, POS, direct mail, brochures and the group’s corporate identity, I was also heavily involved with organising and developing marketing campaigns. I would make local and national press bookings, radio schedules, organise local sponsorship events and work to budgets. Whilst with RRG Group, I created the company corporate identity which is still in use today and used across all their materials.
Sept 2000 – April 2002 – Artworker /Marketing Assistant
As my first job after completing my degree, my time at Spread Garden Supplies was a steep learning curve. My main task was to compile and artwork their annual catalogue and seasonal literature as well as develop branding and packaging for own brand product ranges.
Having worked in some hectic Marketing Departments, I am able to prioritise heavy work loads and deliver work to extremely tight deadlines. Working for companies that are reactive to industry news and trends means that I am used to being flexible in my approach to work load and last minute projects. Working under pressure to deliver work is something that I believe that I excel at.
With a background in both Graphic Design and Marketing, I have a broad range of knowledge and skills and am able to offer the full package.
I relish the opportunity to learn new skills and keep up to date with industry trends so that I can diversify.
I have a clean driving licence and my own transport.